We all love sweets and there is no need to feel guilty about indulging in it every now and then. According to an Ayurveda study, the sweet should be included in diet as it helps to improve your taste buds and saliva production.
Sugar desserts result in piling up calories which your body stores as fat as that is the sole source of storage form it knows. As per nutrionists, dessert is so full of calories, you should rather have it as a meal in itself, preferably before a workout, so that it can boost in burning all those calories. Here are 5 ways in which you can include sweets in your diet:
- You can go for nonfat Greek yogurt with a high-fiber fruit, like strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, if you’re craving a creamy frozen yogurt-type treat. It can be topped with a sprinkle of ground nuts or flaxseed for a crunchy texture.
- Opt for dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate after meals if you are craving for something sweet. It is a much healthier option and is packed with antioxidants, containing low sugar than the regular milk chocolate.
- Always buy plain low fat curd, unsweetened muesli or instant oats and add a little sugar or honey to the breakfast cereal or porridge. It will result in a very low sugar content in the breakfast meal.
- In order to bring a change in the flavor of your dishes, you can even add nutmeg, cinnamon or vanilla to make your recipes tasty as well as healthy
- Eat sweets along with your meals instead of eating separately, as your blood sugar levels will rise drastically if you eat it separately after meals. It will help your body to work on burning calories instead of storing it.
Never go for packaged item like soups or low fat meal since they have hidden sugar content. Always opt for products labeled as “no added sugar” or “low sugar content.” Try Onyyx “no added sugar” items and include them in your diet!